If you have a bench warrant in Baltimore, you are facing serious obstacles and with each year they increase. A bench warrant in Baltimore, regardless of where you are currently living, can result in your arrest or inability to:
- Drive (police now routinely check license plates and your warrant will appear if the car is yours)
- Get a Job. Your Baltimore warrant will pop up in a routine employment background check
- Rent an apartment or house.
- Renew your drivers license (Maryland and all states are now sharing information electronically)
- Fly (you can be arrested at any airport with an active warrant in Baltimore)
- Obtain a passport or renew your passport
- Protect your reputation (your warrant will appear in the public database easily seen by anyone who looks)
Do you have an active or open warrant in Baltimore for failure to appear (FTA) in court? Even routine minor offenses, like some traffic violations can result in the issuance of a bench warrant for your arrest. If you’ve moved and did not ever receive a notice for a court date, you will likely have a warrant issued for your arrest, even though you had no idea your appearance was required. In such cases, the defendant is unaware that a warrant exists and only learn of it when they are involved in a routine traffic stop or other routine contact with police. They are shocked when they learn they are under arrest and subsequently taken to jail.
Bench warrants are also often issued if you fail to appear for any court proceeding, including those related to assault and battery, drug possession, probation violations or other crimes. Are you constantly looking over your shoulder or driving in another direction to avoid a police car? In most cases, Allan Rombro can quickly get your warrant recalled and get a new court date. He has been practicing criminal law for 30 years in Baltimore and is familiar with Baltimore courtrooms, Judges and court personnel in both Baltimore City and County. Eliminating the warrant and obtaining a new court date puts you back in control of your case with no need to worry about dodging authorities. Don’t risk arrest and detention!
ABOUT ALLAN ROMBRO
5550 Newbury Street, Suite A
Baltimore, Maryland 21209